When Clean is Critical, Use Ozone
Ozone disinfection is effective, safe and reliable. An ozone sanitation application is often your most cost-effective and environmentally friendly way to be absolutely sure when clean is critical.
Ozone Saves Money
Ozone is the cost effective sanitizer. It can help reduce the need for repeated chemical purchase costs, dosing costs, and for storage and management. Ozone reduces the need for hot water, reducing energy use to save money as well as the environment. Disinfection process routines, such as in the food industry, can be a much more streamlined affair since ozone reduces the amount of time needed for a sanitation routine by eliminating some chemical or thermal processes, rinse and repeat rinse cycles – the applied ozone simply oxidizes the substances it contacts or it quickly spontaneously decays. Ozone is produced on the spot, used on the spot, and disappears.
The Benefits of Ozone
Across all applications, embedded in every one of the DEL Ozone Advanced Sanitation Solutions, are the benefits of ozone sanitation:
- Ozone is one of nature’s most powerful disinfectant oxidizers. On a base average (depending on the microorganism or organic contaminant), it is 200 times stronger than chlorine.
- Ozone oxidation means destroying substances chlorine can’t effectively eliminate, like human fluids, cosmetics, and organics of all kinds, as well as dissolved metallic substances like iron and manganese.
- The breadth of ozone effectiveness means protection against emerging threats like endocrine disruptors (byproducts of pharmaceutical disposal) in the water supply.
- Ozone interrupts the chemical process that creates hazardous byproducts of chlorine sanitation such as chloramines. It acts on both the organics that are part of the chloramine formation process and on the chloramines themselves.
- When properly applied with a DEL Ozone system, ozone oxidation creates no byproducts or residues that require cycle after cycle of cleaning and rinsing – the only thing left behind is ordinary oxygen.
- Ozone is highly effective in cold water, which saves a lot of energy and also enables applications, such as surface disinfection, where heating hot water in sufficient quantities is simply not feasible or too expensive.
- Ozone is tested and proven effective against tough microorganisms like crypto (Cryptosporidium parvum) and MRSA (antibiotic resistant staph). Ozone is effective against a very wide array of threatening microorganisms such as E.coli and Salmonella, Listeria, Pseudomonas and so forth.
- Ozone is recognized as an antimicrobial disinfectant by the EPA and by the FDA for direct food applications as well as food processing surface disinfection.
Ozone applications are recognized as safe and effective when applied in compliance with NSF/ANSI Standard 50, OSHA and UL lab standards.
Ozone is the Environmentally Preferred Sanitizer
For all its inherent power, ozone sanitation has no negative impact on the environment, either for its operators or for the people who benefit from the disinfection process. Ozone benefits the environment both by reducing the use of energy to heat water and lowered chemical consumption and because it creates no harmful byproducts. The oxidation process reduces the ozone, leaving behind only oxygen.
DEL Ozone continues to develop ozone sanitation applications because of the benefits they provide to human activities. Ozone enhances our quality of life.